Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dinner With The Jacks

The other night, while we were eating dinner, Brian said something incredibly funny. Too funny for me to remember, apparently, because I have completely forgotten what we were even talking about. After he said it, he said, "You should put that on the quote blog," to which Alyssa replied, "No, Mom. You should put on your blog: I said this, and then Brian said that, so Alyssa said this, and Daddy said that, so I did this, and Alyssa did that, which made Daddy say that...." and this rambling continued for about three or four minutes. Brian finally interrupted her.

"Alyssa, you've got to think about what you're asking. Do you want Mom to be our maid and cook, or our stenographer?"

"Oh, now that's funny," I said, and looked over at Ethan, who was jumping a little piece of french toast up and over his plate and saying, in a little tiny voice, "I'm a rocket man!!" We don't know how long he had been involved in this activity, because we had been listening to Alyssa and wondering when she was going to stop rambling. Then Ethan took a good look at his piece of french toast and realized just how small it was, and while jumping it over his plate, oblivious to us all watching, he said in an even tinier voice, "I'm a rocket baby!!"

That's when I looked over at Marcus, who was playing his fork (complete with a bite of french toast on it) like a trumpet.

And now the question is: since I wrote all this down, who's doing the laundry and making dinner tonight?

2 comments:

Cali said...

I feel like I just spent dinner in your home, and quite enjoyed it! What a fun post and a picture perfect way to capture the moment, even without a picture! Loved reading it.

Katie B.C. said...

You're funny.

Is that how dinners will be when Ariana talks enough to ramble (actually she does ramble but I like when you can't really tell what she's talking about it's called babble) and Corban moves enough to act like a rocket man?