Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Little Bit Taller


A couple of years ago Brian got a blank wooden board for Father's Day. It took a couple of years for me to finish it, and last spring we finally had our official growth chart board. (You can see the yellow on the bird where Marcus helped when I was putting it together.) We measured the kids again on Sunday and found that Alyssa and Ethan had both grown about an inch and Marcus about two inches since last April.



We also discovered that at 1 year, eleven months, Marcus is about an inch taller than Ethan was at 2 years, 2 months. Their current height difference is about 4 inches, but people are always asking if they're twins. I guess it's only going to get worse as they grow!

5 comments:

Brooklet said...

its beautiful! you did such a great job. Did you make the pattern up?

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh, it really is beautiful! I LOVE it!!! I get asked all the time if my boys are triplets or any of them are twins, too. I think you're right, it is only going to get more frequent as they grow, but its all good.

Cali said...

I LOVE that board! Did you use mod podge? I must know how you made it!

Shaillé said...

That is so cute - I want one! :)

Carrie said...

Yeah, I used mod podge. I didn't use a pattern, but I did copy the tree idea from Sarah Fox. It's funny, because it didn't turn out to be like I imagined in my mind, because I couldn't fin the right papers, but I think the papers I found made it better than I imagined, and I think I just got lucky that it looks so good. Thanks, guys!