Friday, July 10, 2009

I Love To See The Temple

My sister, Kimberly, is getting married tomorrow, and she went through the temple today. It's been a crazy couple of months what with sewing the dress and getting together decorations for the reception, and I almost didn't make it to the temple. (I'll tell you now that her dress is gorgeous. Kim designed it, and Mom, Kim, and I sewed it. It was actually pretty complicated, and there were many times that I was amazed at how smoothly it went together. Plus, the centerpieces for the reception are definitely the coolest centerpieces of all time. Each table is different, and I can't wait to see it all put together.)

Yesterday my "mom planner" came in the mail, which I was so excited for, because I've been wanting a planner for a few years now, and it's taken that long to find one that looks like it'll work for me. Brian brought the package to my parent's house when he came home from work, then I brought it home with me yesterday evening. After tucking the kids in bed, I went downstairs to do some laundry and clean out my purse to make room for my planner. As I was going through my purse, I thought to check my temple recommend just to make sure everything was good, and sure enough, it was expired. "How did that happen?" I thought, then remembered going to the temple in late April and thinking that I needed to renew my reccomend before it expired in May. Then, the wedding dress and reception centerpieces happened, and I didn't give it another thought until last night.

So at 10:30 pm, I called Brian's cell phone as he and all the other male members of my family were on their way home from the bachelor party, and cried, "I can't go to the temple tomorrow. My recommend is expired." He quickly remedied the situation by waking up both the bishop and one of the counselors of the Stake presidency to get emergency interviews this morning. He's my hero!

Then, this morning, as I was getting ready and running out the door for my interviews, Marcus and Ethan (I put Marcus' name first, because he was the one on the counter, and Ethan was just below, watching) decided to dump out every bag of cereal we own onto the kitchen floor. Brian had a great time cleaning up while Marcus and Ethan had a great time in time out while he was cleaning.

We dropped off the kids at the church, where Brian's mom volunteered to babysit all the cousins with a couple of girls fro our ward. That was so nice - it made our day so much easier. Then we headed to the temple.

Kimberly is the youngest in our family, so she was the last one to go through the temple. We were so fortunate to have all of the kids come home and be able to be there with her. It was incredibly wonderful to have our whole family in the temple at the same time. I was looking around at all of my brothers and sisters while we were in the Celestial Room, and I thought how blessed we are to all be together in the temple. I loved it! I know my parents loved it, for sure.

6 comments:

NaDell said...

Alright, now I really want to see pictures of the wedding dress and the centerpieces.
I'd love to see a picture of the boys dumping your cereal too, but I'm really just kidding about that. =)
How great to all be in the Temple together. I love it there too.

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

When the last in Johns family went through it was just as amazing to be in the celestial room together. yet, I really missed my children. They belonged there, too! I can't wait until the Lord comes again so we really can be together forever.

Brooklet said...

Speaking of planning, I remember when I came over to spend the night when I was little and you had made a list of things to do and on the list was play with kimmy, who was like 4 years old. and now she is getting married. congrats to her and your whole family. I, too, can't wait to see pics of the bride and wedding dress. so take lots of pics!

J-Leav said...

Wow...Kimmy...I used to most of her lunch at Partners 'N' Pals...back when she couldn't drive and she came up to my shoulders. Married?! Shock and AWE! Congratulations Lewis family on a whole bunch of celestial people!

Pebley Family said...

I want to see some pictures. How is your family doing?

Wendi said...

That's awesome. It really is special to be in the temple with all your family. I'm with Brooke... I have a really hard time picturing Kimmy as a grown up woman getting married! I still think of her as about 12 years old. Time flies!