Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life is Cake

And we all know how much I love cake!

I feel tremendously blessed right now.

Yesterday was a little rough, what with the kids literally tearing the house apart, complaining and whining that there was nothing to do when I sent them outside to play, and not eating their lunch but complaining of hunger all afternoon. And don't let me leave out the part of yesterday when Marcus took off his diaper downstairs when I was cleaning upstairs, and rubbed his bum all over the place. Imagine his cute little bum from the picture I posted yesterday, and then stick his cute little smile on him, and then imagine him running from surface to surface in the living room, shimmying his poopy bum on the couch, on the rug, on the stairs....and then imagine me coming down because of all the ruckus I heard and completely losing my cool. That's when I sent the kids outside, and after I got out the carpet cleaner and the fire hose to clean up the living room, I gave up on cleaning the house and sat down to read "Wuthering Heights," which did not do a whole lot to improve my temperment. Seriously, what was Emily Bronte drinking when she wrote that?

Having given that crazy introduction, I've got to say, yesterday was rough, but today is wonderful! We had breakfast when the kids woke up, did a little bit of summer school, put together a cupboard from Target to give us a little more storage in the kitchen, and the kids have just been dancing in the living room while I've been doing the dishes and such.

I know that life has it's ups and downs, even in just the day to day life. Yesterday was hard, but today is great. That's normal. But even though we've had our share of hard times, I feel so lucky to have had not so many hard times as we probably deserved. We've been extremely blessed and fortunate to have had the opportunities given to us to be where we are now.

In the words of TAMN, right now my life is a kick-A fairy tale. I have three beautiful children who are smart and funny and so fun to be with. We have a cute little house to live in, and even though it's not "ours" when I want so badly to own our own house and get settled for good, it's still a very nice place and most importantly, right now it's home. Our home. Best of all, Brian is with us. I still get a huge kick out of the fact that he's around for good. And he has a job! In this economy, when people are getting laid off left and right, and huge companies are shutting down, I am so thankful that we were able to come right out of school and have him start working. He got his first paycheck yesterday, which he was told that people usually frame, but he's so excited and so gung-ho on paying back our student loans that he says it's going straight to the bank. His Board scores were posted last week, and he's called to make sure everything has been turned in to get his license, so pretty soon he'll be doing what he loves: seeing patients and helping them out.

I love how Brian came home yesterday and rescued me, both from the kids and "Wuthering Heights" by picking up some pizza from Papa Murphey's and taking us to the neighborhood pool. I love that tucking in the kids last night included me holding each of them while singing a song, instead of the two-hour marathon tuck-ins we used to have. I love that Marcus is sleeping through the night! I love that it's summer time. I love how Ethan says, "zzz" instead of, "vvv" so he watches "moozies" instead of movies, and I love that he "ludz" me. I love that Alyssa is growing up and starting to help me with so many things without being asked: the dishes, making beds, taking care of her brothers.

I just love life right now, and I'm so thankful that everything is just. so. wonderful. I love it.

2 comments:

NaDell said...

Life is pretty good. Overall anyway. You just have to look for the good, just like in everything else. Thanks for sharing the good and the not as fun things with us and how you learn from it. That helps me to learn.
I read Wurthering Heights last year and watched the movie a few weeks ago (from the library B&W). It is very interesting.....

Kim-the-girl said...

Wuthering Heights is on my book shelf to read this summer... yikes! I love this post! Thanks for sharing a blog smile with us today!