Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just Goin' Through Last Week's Pictures

I cannot help myself when it comes to nudey pictures of my kids. Those buns are just too cute! Last week I left Marcus in the tub- Actually, let me back up even more...Last week I left Alyssa in charge of the kids while Brian and I went out to mow the lawn. Marcus sat on the dining room table so he could watch us through the window. When I came inside, I was greeted by the sight of Marcus with no diaper, peeing very proudly, all over the table. So I stuck him in the tub while I cleaned up the mess downstairs, but when I came back to the bathroom, he and all the water were missing. Apparently, he had drained the tub and climbed up on Alyssa's dresser to watch Brian as he finished up with the mowing. I love how there's bubbles clinging to his legs and the dresser where he climbed up.


I've been wanting to go running in the mornings before Brian leaves for work, but didn't feel it was very safe to go alone. I thought about getting a buddy, but then I saw a pair of roller skates at my sisters house, and decided to give those a try. I figure I could skate faster than someone trying to run me down. Who knows? I've only been once, because I've been going to bed too late, and it's hard to get up at five in the morning, but when I did, it was so worth it. The river was beautiful! (Jamie, you're probably wondering what the count is, so I'll tell ya - zero falls.)


I spent a wonderful Friday at a Stake activity for Achievement Days, and came home to a couple of surprises in the fridge. The flowers are gorgeous, and yes, the chocolate cake is gone by now.


Ethan wanted his picture taken in the fridge.


Alyssa got her very first bike last week. We checked on Craigslist and bought it from a very nice older couple in Pasco. The man was even helping Alyssa adjust the seat to her heigth and teaching her to get onto the seat. We were lucky to find a perfectly "matching" helmet at Walmart, and then we spent the afternoon practicing. She'll be zipping around the street on her own pretty soon!


We also went to the park last week when Marcus took too late of a nap to go to bed at a decent hour. When he woke up at sevenish and we knew he wasn't going to go to sleep soon after that, Brian told everyone to get in the car for an adventure, and he took us for Slurpees before going to the park.


Alyssa made a "best friend," named Anna, and they had a wonderful time together. It amazes me how fast kids can make friends, and they act like they've known each other for ever. I need to be more like that.


Ethan climbed the rock all by himself, with no help at all.


All of the older boys, who were struggling, were amazed at how fast and effortless he made it to the top.


When he got to the top he was jumping around so much it was even worrying Brian, so I climbed up to supervise.


Brian climbed the rock all by himself, too, and all the teenage boys who were struggling were quite amazed. (He went up this front side, which is nearly impossible, unless you have the long arms of a very tall, super strong man.)

5 comments:

Megan said...

I sent your CD a week ago, let me know if you haven't gotten it.

Kim-the-girl said...

Fun! I love hearing about your fun... your family just seems so happy! I love it!

NaDell said...

Alissa's bike is purple, perfect!
I remember that you guys love slurpees. Joe used to always talk about that. That park looks fun and it's pretty funny that Marcus could go up all on his own (while scary at the same time.) It's not too surprising that Brian could. He had to take like two steps???

Brooklet said...

That looks like a really fun park. Where is that- it must be new since I have been back to the tc.

Cali said...

Beautiful flowers, yummy cake, slurpees and a night at the park--sounds like your united (finally!!) family is having so much fun! Must be so wonderful to know that Brian won't be moving away for another rotation!