Monday, February 23, 2009

I Hope This is the Start of a New Trend

Marcus only woke up once last night! Woo-hoo! I started forever ago trying to get him to sleep through the night, and he would make progress, but then he had four teeth come in, we all got the flu, and tons of crazy things happened so that he would go back to waking up four, five, six times a night.

So the main thing that I've been doing is putting him in bed when he's not completely asleep. He smiles and rolls around a bit (that's the part about all this that I love), then when he starts to get upset, I pick him up, love him, and set him back down again. After a few times of this, he gets tired and goes to sleep. So, he's learning how to fall asleep on his own, but he's also happy in his crib and he knows I'm there and that he is loved.

And last night I set my alarm for 6:00, because I want to start getting up before the kids, and being able to take a shower without two little boys running around the tub, so I could be better prepared for the day. And he only woke up once last night, and I was able to get up able shower by myself. Hallelujah!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Working out and getting a shower before the kids wake up is the ONLY way I've found to help my day run smoothly. It's hard though when you're getting up a zillion times at night...I hear ya. Good luck!!!

Kimberly Nicole said...

that's a good idea on how to put him to bed. I'm glad that he smiles and since your staying by with him, I'm sure it makes it an easier time letting him learn how to fall asleep.

NaDell said...

I'm glad that he slept better.
Don't jinx it! Does that mean you will have to stop your "Sleep" blog?

Johnsons said...

High five!

Brooklet said...

yeah for the good nights rest! Yeah!!