Friday, January 23, 2009

Girls Night, Number 2

Last night we tried putting the boys to bed early, so Alyssa and I could have plenty of time to cut out lily pads with beautiful flowers for girls night. (That's what Alyssa wanted to do. I don't know why, but she did.) But the boys didn't fall asleep until 8:40, and Girls Night only lasts until 9:00, so we just read a Frog and Toad book together. We had a great time.

I'm seeing specific evidence at how important these girls nights are. This morning Alyssa is acting more grown up, and she's helping and listening more. It's so easy to forget that she needs this special time. She is so great, and I need to treasure her while she's still little.

1 comment:

Shaillé said...

What a great idea Carrie! I'm going to have to remember this. I can see why it's so important for parents to have one-on-one time with each of their kids.