Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day

Yesterday was great. I can easily rank it as my favorite Thanksgiving to date. I feel incredibly blessed; there is absolutely so much to be thankful for. With Brian living away from us, every time he comes home is a treasure. I have three beautiful, healthy children who are such a joy. It's great to live so close to both Brian's and my families. Life is wonderful.

We started the day searching the internet for a way to watch the Macy's parade, and all we found was a 2 by 2 inch webcam. We watched and listened to in long enough to get the feeling of it, then we turned it off. (My mom recorded it, so we'll really watch it today.)

Alyssa and Ethan spent the morning stringing beads on pipe cleaners to make candy cane ornaments, I spent the morning baking beautiful, but slightly burnt pies, Brian spent the morning studying for boards, and Marcus spent the morning playing with camels from the Fisher Price nativity set. We went to Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma Orton's house, and dessert at my parents house.

And today the kids and I are going to my parent's to finish up some Christmas tree advent calendars while Brian studies some more, and then tonight we're decorating our Christmas tree! Yea!! Whoo!! Christmas tree!!

No comments: