Tuesday, November 18, 2008

And Things Were Going So Well

Okay, we had a rough evening. I've had a headache all day. We've been fighting colds for the last couple of weeks. I'm tired, the kids are tired, and as soon as the water heats up for my Theraflu, I'm going to bed.

Wow, that was fast. If you turn our back burner on high, it can get a pot of water boiling in about a minute, no kidding.

Here's the story, in four lines:

Yesterday: "Things are great! They're not perfect, but everything is under control. I've got great kids, I'm a great mom, and we have one fabulous cat."

This evening: "I'm just about to lose it you guys. Can't you see I'm losing it?" Actually, I didn't let my temper get the best of me. I didn't yell, but there was a part of me that really wanted to.

A few minutes ago: "Seriously, things are so out of control. What have I been thinking? Our life is crazy!"

Now: "The kids are in bed. That pink steaming cup of Theraflu, infused with berries, is looking so nice. I'm headed to bed."

3 comments:

NaDell said...

I'm so sorry you're sick.
That stinks!
Good think there are lots of good books to read. Maybe Alyssa can find some soft blankets to jump on/dive into/make forts of while you are sick.
You probably have even better ideas.
One of my friends made a post everyday one week that her girls had chickenpox (even with the vaccine) of all the fun stuff they did. (the doctor told them that they couldn't go to school for a week.) They did their dance class at home, had their own Halloween party at home, etc.

Shaillé said...

I can't count how many times I've gone through something similar. Things are going well and you think you have a great perspective and are handling it, and then something else is thrown at you. Hang in there!

Kim-the-girl said...

i hope today was better. but, i totally know what you mean.