Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It Must Be Autumn


I've decided to make a new tradition. We'll see if it actually becomes a tradition or not next year, but I would sure like it to. Last night, for Family Home Evening, the kids and I had orange colored sugar cookies (I would really have liked them to be pumpkin shaped cookies that the kids could decorate like jack 0'lanterns, but that just didn't work out) and went to Winco to pick out our Halloween pumpkins. The kids and I had a blast! I let Alyssa and Ethan pick which ever pumpkin they wanted, and I was able to pick out Marcus's. Ethan's just getting to the age where he's able to show us his preference, and he loves being able to have a choice. Marcus was just in a giddy mood, and he laughed and talked the entire time. When we got home, I also let the kids pick out where (on the porch) they would put their pumpkin. Alyssa wanted to put hers in the toy room, then her bedroom, the dressing room - that's why we had the front porch stipulation. Once Ethan's pumpkin was placed, he sat down right beside it. He was so proud of his pumpkin! Alyssa took a while deciding where hers would go, but she ended up picking a wonderful spot. This whole time, while I was unloading the older kids' pumpkins and putting them on the proch, Marcus was just sitting in his car seat in the van, laughing and singing. Then I went and picked up Marcus, picked up his pumpkin, and very carefully carried them both to the porch. I at least wanted Marcus to be there while we placed his pumpkin.

2 comments:

Cam said...

I love making new traditions with my little family- good luck with yours! And I'm sorry you have to live away from Brian so much, that must be so hard. I hope you are living near good people and they're helping to take care of you!

5dollarFanatic said...

Carrie-how do you host a murder mystery dinner??? E-mail me information..I have a group of friends that want to do one for girls night out..any ideas?