Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Love Having a Husband Around!

It's so nice to be able to say, "Can you hold Marcus while I fill in the blank?" It's wonderful to have an extra set of hands to help get the boys dressed both in the morning and at bed time. But mostly it's just insanely wonderful to have Brian home at all! The past two times he's been home we've had two weeks in between his visits, so we were definitely missing him a ton before he came home on Friday. The weekends that he comes home just fly by, though. We basically get a day and a half before he has to go back to Tacoma.

On Friday, we cleaned the house and tried to start and finish laundry so we wouldn't have to do any chores while he's here. The kids helped clean, then when it got to be abut 7:30, we kept looking out the window for his car to pull up. I was actually vacuuming the stairs when Alyssa yelled, "Daddy's here! Daddy's here!" Then Alyssa and Ethan ran out to greet him, and I had to wait in line for my turn to hug him. As much as the kids love Brian, though, I think they're just as excited about the candy he has left over from his trip than they are to see him. I love that Marcus has been able to see Brian often enough that he doesn't forget him. He went right to Brian on Friday, and he loves to cuddle and play with him.

So today we're staying home from church, mostly because of the colds the kids and I have been fighting the past few days, but partly because it's nice to just slow down and enjoy the time we have with Brian here. I'm so excited, because he'll be able to come home for the next three weekends, and the third weekend he gets a 4-day holiday! Yea!

Edited to Add: He brought home peanut butter M&M's, and he played Wii with the kids so I could take a nap. Oh, how I love him!

No comments: