Tuesday, April 08, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours

So I don't want to complain or anything, because I am in a good mood, but here's some of the cruddy things that have been happening or just some of the things that are on our minds right now.

  1. Obviously, I was rear ended last week. That's been a whole lot of fun. We've been on the phone with and meeting with insurance people most of our free time. We haven't gotten the final word yet, but most likely we'll be shopping for a new car with not a whole lot of money gotten from our old car. And it's right before finals, and Brian's actually got a lot of school stuff to do this week. And we've only got a few days to do it in, otherwise we have to pay for our rental car.
  2. We're packing and cleaning and getting ready to move.
  3. I've canceled Alyssa's un-birthday party. Even though I feel better not having to worry about it for a while, I'm sad that it probably won't happen now...and the invitations were really cute!
  4. Brian was sick Friday morning, Alyssa was sick on Sunday, and I got hit with it yesterday. I got hit so hard that I was having severe chest pains that felt a lot like having gall bladder problems, but I don't have a gall bladder anymore, so it left us baffled as to what could be wrong with me and if it might have been caused by the accident or not. It turns out it was just from being sick. Well, we had a fun FHE in the emergency room. I'm not being sarcastic. We really did, but it would have been great if we didn't have to deal with it.
  5. Brian has finals soon.
  6. I made Cali's really yummy brownies yesterday and learned that putting the whole bowl of batter into an 8x8 pan doesn't make really thick yummy brownies, it makes really dry but runny-in-the-middle brownies. (Both my 9x13's were filled with leftover dinners, so I decided it would be fun to use an 8x8, when I really should have divided it in half.) And it's not very much fun to throw up brownies. It kind of ruins the whole brownie experience.
  7. The cat threw up on my bed. I think that just about sums everything up, now doesn't it?

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow, you really do have a lot on your plate and being sick certainly doesn't help. Just trying to move is stressful enough. I hope things settle down soon.

I would be happy to help in any way that I can and don't worry, I've never heard you complain. You have such a great attitude.

Kim-the-girl said...

I hear ya! I'm sorry that you have to go through all that, but at least you have a good attitude! When Pres. Monson said that his wife never complained about his busyness...I told Ethan, "If you're ever prophet, I'm sorry you won't be able to say that about me!"

Shells said...

Probably the most depressing thing on your list is the failure of the brownies. I mean come on, with all the other crazy stuff happening in your life right now, you needed thsoe brownies.