Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm Famous!

So this is apparently what happened last Wednesday, or at least how the newspaper told it. I don't think they talked to anyone involved in the accident, because if they had, they would know that the front three cars were stopped, and the fourth car's driver ran into us. Such is the news. But anyway, it's cool to be in a newspaper. The picture isn't showing up. If you want to see it, go here. My car is the third one in the line.

Several people injured, though none seriously, Wednesday evening
The Forest Grove News-Times, Apr 9, 2008, Updated Apr 9, 2008

Chase Allgood / News-Times
A four-car pileup in Forest Grove took center stage during First Wednesday festivities last week. No one was seriously hurt in the chain-reaction fender bender, which police said was likely caused by sun glare.
A four-car pile-up snarled traffic along Pacific Avenue in Forest Grove last Wednesday evening and sent several people to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Forest Grove police said that the accident happened at 6:50 p.m. at the intersection of Pacific Avenue and Main Street when a motorist suddenly braked for a stop light and the three cars following behind collided into each other in succession.
Police believe the glare of sunlight made it difficult to tell if the traffic light at Main Street was red or green.
Police said that no one was seriously injured in the accident, though several were taken to area hospitals.
The multiple fender-bender drew more attention than usual as it happened in the midst of First Wednesday festivities in downtown Forest Grove.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

What? Are you saying that we can't believe everything we read? Does that mean that everything on the internet isn't true either? LOL :o)

Jen -n- Jase & kids said...

I'm just wondering, if they had someone there to actually take a picture, how come they have the facts SO mixed up. Was there another 4 car accident and they got their story with YOUR photo?
Hmmm, so did you leave a comment to set the story straight?
Glad you've got a sense of humor about it all and shared the paper's brain dead moment.

Carrie said...

Tonya, you're hilarious! You're comment was just what I needed to help wake me up this morning.

Jen, welcome to the blog!

MannClan said...

Hi...This is Tiffany Mann. Whew, I just finished reading your entire blog! After talking with Brian for a few min the other day, he told me to check it out. Well, It only took me two days to finish...moms only get so much free time. I laughed, I cryed, I thought wow...you actually jumped in the Columbia in the middle of winter!! I always told Kyle I would never do that. Well, maybe I will reconsider.lol Thanks for such a nice read. I can't wait till were all together again. It seems I have been away from everyone for so long. Keep blogging and I will keep reading. Tiff

Brooklet said...

I feel honored just knowing you!

So scary, though about the accident- especially since little marcus was with you. Glad everyone is okay- though not so much fun about the car! Good luck! So are you moving now?