Thursday, April 24, 2008

He Won The Battle...I Won The War

At least I think I did. With Brian, you never know.

On Monday or Tuesday night, I can't really remember which, Brian and I decided to make rice krispy treats together. I had bought the ingredients when we went shopping on Saturday, and I specifically bought chocolate chips to put in them, but Brian doesn't like krispy treats with chocolate chips, so when I pulled the bag out of the freezer, he was quite adamant that there would be absolutely no chocolate chips in his krispy treats.

"Can't we just put them in half the batch?" I asked, as sweetly as possible. He shook his head no, and that's when the battle began. We fought the whole time the butter was melting, and the whole time the marshmallows were melting. We literally fought about whether or not to put chocolate chips in our krispy treats. Literally, meaning that there were no hurt feelings involved, but that I knew I had lost when I ended up on the floor with the frozen bag of chocolate chips shoved down the back of my shirt.

He may have won the battle, but I do believe I won the war. Here are a couple of pictures of our children eating the spoils of war, which in this case is another batch of rice krispy treats that I made this afternoon, chock full of huge, milk chocolate chips.

No comments: