Sunday, February 10, 2008

Son of a Preacher Man

Alyssa had a five-minute crush on Bishop Knighton's son today. He was passing the sacrament, and she looked over at him, poked me on the shoulder, and whispered, "Who's that?" I told her his name was Erik, and she insisted that she needed to go and talk to him so that he would "know that we are here." I was able to convince her that during sacrament is not the time to approach cute boys. (No, I didn't use that language - I am not encouraging her!) She sat still for a moment, then sighed, "Hhmmm...Erik." I think she's forgotten him by now. It's probably just as well. I wouldn't want her to get her heart broken by an older man.

3 comments:

5dollarFanatic said...

so funny that girls get boy crazy at such a young age-whitney has said she's going to marry a boy from our old ward-she was 2 then, three years later she's still determined to marry him.

Barney Family Blog said...

That's so funny Carrie. her and Sydney must be in the same stage of Life because Sydney currently has a crush on a boy in our ward. It cracks me up! Everytime he come to talk to her or she sees him she giggles!

Brooklet said...

Claire hasn't started the boy craze, thank goodness, though I assume that is just around the bend. I like how its never far from Alyssa's mind!!