Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Keep Your Eye OnThe Prize

Caramels, Caramels, Caramels. I am sick of making caramels. It's a darn good thing that we won't be making them until next Christmas.

Brian and I made two batches of caramels yesterday afternoon, and halfway through wrapping last night, I didn't think they would be enough for the bake sale, so Brian lovingly went to Safeway to pick up more cream and butter for a third batch. (Brian says: "lovingly"?!? Well, I'm not so sure that I'd say "lovingly" - it was more "thoughtfully", or perhaps, "regretfully", but not quite "exasperatedly" or "grumpily.") But it turned out that we did have enough with just the two batches, so we have a full pan sitting on our kitchen counter, and that's the pan that a large bag of caramels will be taken from and given to the winner of the trophy competition. It's also the pan that turned out the best. So keep giving me ideas for a "Caught You Being Good" trophy, and you might get some melt-in-your-mouth caramels. I've decided that we'll be putting the names in a hat and picking one out tomorrow morning, so even if you think your idea is silly or not as good as the ones already suggested, comment anyway. Good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love caramels and I've always wanted to try Brian's. I'm still upset that when we won them in the family gift exchange a couple of Christmases ago I forgot them at mom's. I guess that's what I get for being selfish and hiding them. Now I have another chance!