Monday, February 18, 2008

Jogging Now

Okay, things are looking a little better this morning. I'm planning on renting a movie tonight and having a "date" with all of the laundry that's piling up. The sun is shining beautifully this morning, and the kids are happily playing in the back yard. The front rooms are clean and swept, and next I'm heading to the bathroom. We've had ant problems for the past month or so, and when the guy came to spray last week he said not to vacuum them up so they could take the poison back to the nest. I know he meant the live ants, but I've been leaving the dead ants too, just to be sure. For a day or two it looked like the ants were having a frat party in our bathroom. Man, they were having a good time....then the hangovers hit. We had ants staggering all over our walls, dropping into little black piles on the floor. I think that's one reason I went crazy last night. I've had enough of the ant battles - I'm so glad they're going away.

So yeah, things are great this morning. The only problem is I am so tired. Emily (originally from the great city of Pasco!) asked her readers what their dream vacations are. Today, I would just love to hole up in a hotel room for a couple of days, all by myself, and sleep.

5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Hi Carrie! (I'm assuming formerly Lewis, correct me if I'm wrong). Thanks for your comment on my blog. It really has been fun getting back in contact with random people from Pasco. Of course I don't mind that you linked me. And yeah, I can definitely relate sometimes to your dream vacation at the moment!

Tonya said...

I'm glad things are looking up. A little sunshine can work wonders.

I know what you mean about feeling like you are running uphill and getting nowhere. I feel like that mosts days. We'll just keep plugging away at it and we'll get there sooner or later.

Brooklet said...

I am always amazed at how much you do! I constantly feel behind on things and I only have two kids!

Terra said...

Good luck with the ants. We had sugar ants at Garden Grove--man, they were annoying! After Sam was born I told Jeremy I wanted to get a hotel room in Portland all by myself and just, eat, sleep, take a bath, and read. Maybe one day!

KellyAnne said...

That's funny Carrie. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a day to yourself once in a blue moon! I had that thought the other day, but insanely what I wanted to do with my day is catch up on all the housework I haven't been able to keep up with. I know, crazy. I just can't ever seem to get around to it with the rest of my life always needing my attention!