Sunday, January 13, 2008

Look What He Did To My Cake!

The rules for eating chocolate cake are as follows:

1. You must eat the cake pieces in an orderly manner.

Um, that's pretty much it. What that means is, you have to eat the cake from the sides, to the middle, all the way to the other side. You can't go jumping around from corner to corner, just to get the most frosting. If you did that, one side of the cake will dry out while you're busy eating the other side of the cake. It's a very good rule, and I've told Brian about it a couple of times when he's suggested otherwise.

Today I was getting cake for everyone, and I left one middle piece by cutting the jutting portion in half and taking the piece from the edge. I figured that this was okay. It left a perfectly straight edge, and I figured that someone would probably eat the remaining piece of cake before the night was over, anyway.

Brian went into an uproar about how I was breaking all the cake rules and messing everything up, yada yada yada, and then to prove his point (which I still don't know quite what it is) he did this:


Who does he think he is?!? Seriously! I was flabbergasted! You just don't do that! You just don't. And apparently he was happy about it, too.

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh man, he broke all the cake rules..LOL Too funny. Looks like a yummy cake. I always wait until the outside pieces have been taken because I like the inside.

Kim-the-girl said...

I like the inside too! What was the cake for? Did I miss something? Looks delicious!

Carrie said...

Brian got me the cake at Costco last week just because he knows I like cake. I guess he likes the extra weight I have from being pregnant...

Brooklet said...

mmm, there are so many things wrong with that, I don't even know where to start. First off, it requires way to much effort to remove a piece from the center of the cake and then remove it like Brian did.

Anonymous said...

well, it wasn't easy, I'll tell you that. But the look on her face made it all worth it...

Kim-the-girl said...

I just have to say that whenever Ethan reads your blogs he is ALWAYS chuckling and inevitably ends the laugh with, "Brian is funny!"

Kimberly Nicole said...

oh... that is just so sad!

I asked mom if we can get a costco cake last time we went to costco... she said no...

for the record, i don't know what his point was either.