Friday, September 07, 2007

Playing House

Brian and Brooke are right. I have been "nesting." I got up early on Monday (not by my own choice, though - our kids like to wake up at 6:30) and started by cleaning out the kitchen cupboards. I made a huge list of things to get done (wash down walls, mop, put refresher on wooden floors, wash dining room table and chairs, etc) and I got everything done except doing something about the stinky diaper pail, which I tackled the next day. I even painted my toenails, which is not easy with an eight-month-pregnant belly in the way.

I've got an excel file of things to do before the baby comes, things to buy before the baby comes, food to freeze, and food to store in the garage. Right now we're in the market for a pack-n-play or bassinet to put in our room, since Ethan's still in the crib. (Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.) We were going to get an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper, but after looking at one in the store, I wasn't too impressed with the quality. So right now we're looking for something that will be easy to use after the c-section that will allow us to have the baby sleep with us, but also give us the option of putting him down somewhere else.

Yesterday I felt like a real mom. My baby went to school! Ethan and I walked her to class, and she made two friends on the way. She walked right in, and I had to call her back to get a hug. Ethan fell asleep on the walk home, so I was free to read baby magazines (which I pick up at the doctor's all the time, but they're all the same!) and make cookies for three o'clock snack.

So I've been cleaning and planning and cooking, and we have just eight more weeks until this baby comes. Sometimes it seems like forever, and sometimes it feels so close. I'm so excited to meet him and to not be pregnant anymore, but I also want time to slow down so I can enjoy September and Brian's birthday and Halloween. But time will move forward at it's own pace, and I'll just have to be content with what it chooses to do. Meanwhile, I think I'm going to go clean the bathroom and organize the game closet.

3 comments:

Clement Family said...

Wow, you seem to be doing more pregnant than I do not pregnant. I wish I had that “nesting” urge. I more have the lay around and watch TiVo urge.

Tonya said...

You rock!! I need some of that "nesting" urge myself. I do have people coming in from out of town next weekend so that should motivate me to get a move on. I'm glad you are doing well and getting lots done.

We used a pack and play that had the bassinet type insert for when the baby is newborn and we loved it. It's to bad that I just gave it away about a month ago. I would try craiglist, they seem to have some great deals.

Brooklet said...

I am thoroughly impressed! Even with all my nesting power, i never seemed to get everything on my list completed! zbut you are doing it all with two kids in tow- impressive!