Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Moment to Rant

Yesterday I was sick. I threw up all morning long, and then felt like throwing up all afternoon long. Brian was extremely helpful by going grocery shopping for dinner, and then when I wasn't feeling up to making dinner, going to McDonalds to pick up some food. So even though yesterday stunk, it wasn't that bad. It just explains why I've got to spend today catching up on everything that needs to be done.

First thing on the agenda: Mow the lawn. With me being out of town and Brian being super busy, the lawn hasn't been mowed for a couple of weeks. We have foot-tall flowers growing in both our back yard and front yard. The front looks awful for people to drive past, so it must be done, and the back is really hard for the kids to play in, so it must be done. (We spent the day inside yesterday because I wasn't feeling well. Believe me, I've got to get those kids outside.) I mowed about twenty feet of our grass, and the lawn mower died. No problem, I filled up the gas...but it still didn't work. So I tried calling my mom for help in what to do. "We're sorry, all circuits are busy," the phone said. I've never heard that before. You'd think if you're paying for phone service, you'd get phone service.

So I got online to ask Brian what to do. He had me check the oil, and apparently that's the problem. (I hope that's the problem!) The whole time I was typing to Brian, Ethan was cranky and Alyssa was making water messes in the kitchen (she fills up glasses all the way with water and drinks it with a spoon!) and then Ethan came to me with poop running up his back. So I changed his diaper and even though I washed my hands afterward, I can still smell poop. I now smell like gasoline and baby poop.
* * *
Scratch that! Brian came home from class with a bottle of oil, and found out that we didn't need it. He started the mower and it started just fine for him. So he mowed the lawn for me! When he came inside I asked him why class got out so early, and he said it didn't. He just didn't want me mowing the lawn in 102 degree weather, which he says it's supposed to be this afternoon. He is so much my hero today!

So our phones are working again and I was able to call my mom. The lawns are freshly mowed and I've got the slip n' slide out and ready to go for after lunch. I guess my day is going to turn out fine.

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Brian to the rescue. That was really sweet of him to come home and save the day. It's going to way hot out there today so be careful. I'm glad the day is turning out much better than it started. Baby poop and gasoline, what a combo :o)

Clement Family said...

Hope you are all better. Thanks for the blog tips. You are right, everything is better in print. Robyn

Cali said...

Hey Carrie--sorry you were sick! Had I known I could have come and taken your kids for awhile! Anyway...just wanted to let you know that I like your blog. Silly that I keep up with what's going on in your life by reading your blog..I should just give you a call once in awhile! Have a good one. --Cali Jo

Carrie said...

That's okay, Cali, isn't that what blogs are for?

Shaillé said...

Glad the day ended better than it started! When are you due again? I think we're just a few weeks apart...? That was really nice of Brian to come home to help - aren't husbands wonderful?!!

Carrie said...

Shaille, I'm due on November 4th. When exactly are you due?

Kim-the-girl said...

I have to say that is awesome that he would drop class to come home and take care of things for you, sometimes I wish for a husband like that, but alas, my hubby is wonderful in other ways.