Tuesday, June 05, 2007

They Worked Just Fine Yesterday

This is Brian's first summer at optometry school that he's had classes during the summer. He's working hard and learning a lot, but there aren't as many classes, and they aren't as intense as during the school year. Some days he doesn't start until 9:00, and most days he's out by three. (On Thursdays and Fridays he's out by twelve!)

We've gotten used to waking up in the morning and just laying in bed until the kids wake up, then when Ethan gets loud enough (he sings in the morning) we pull him into our bed and he crawls all over us and gives us hugs. And Alyssa will walk into our room and say "Good morning!" in a cheerful voice. When I get up to get the kids breakfast, Brian will pull out his laptop to check his email and finish up any last minute homework. The whole point to telling you this, is that we've gotten "Summer Lazy" and our mornings are slow and unhurried, and it is so nice.

This morning I needed to start the dishwasher, because I forgot to last night. I asked Brian if he would be showering, so I could know when to start it. "Yes," he answered, "Of course I'll be showering." Classes started at eight o'clock this morning, so Brian ran out of time to shower. He ran to the bathroom to brush his teeth, then headed toward the bedroom where I watched him pull on the same socks he was wearing yesterday. I commented that he was helping save on how much laundry I needed to do by wearing his socks twice. "Well," he said, "They worked just fine yesterday, they'll do just as good today."

I hope he gets out early today. Our afternoons have become just as lazy as our mornings, and we desperately need to go grocery shopping and run some other errands. I love having Brian around so much, and I love that he's not constantly studying or practicing for proficiencies. I love summertime!

4 comments:

Brooklet said...

I love lazy mornings!! And I love anything that makes less laundry for me!!

senkyoshi said...

It sounds like you and Christina are both enjoying more time with your hubbies! That's good his school schedule isn't as busy during the summer. Enjoy!

Tallia said...

Once again, Senkyoshi was actually me posting.

Carrie said...

I think I'll just start to assume that it's you instead of Michael.