Monday, June 18, 2007

Crunch! Crunch!


This picture is documented proof that Alyssa's hair is never done and that Ethan lives in either a Onesie or his pajamas until we go out in public. But it is also very cute proof that today we made snowcones!

Every time I'm pregnant Brian gets me a new ice crushing device. It's great because now I have an ice cream maker and an ice crusher and I used to have a super cool smoothie maker that broke after just a couple of times using it.

Well, Alyssa heard about snow cones from her babysitter and she's been asking for them ever since. Today we finally bit the bullet (or shall I say, crunched the ice?) and made them.

They were great! Here's the recipe I used for the syrup:

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1 package of Kool Aid

The instructions said to bring the sugar and water to a boil, and then add the Kool Aid, but I added the Kool Aid right away before I could read that far. For a Red Robin size cup we used about 1/4 cup of syrup.

Anyway, here's to summer fun and many more days of snow cones!

3 comments:

Tallia said...

Snowcones are right up Mike's alley! I'll have to show him the recipe!

Brooklet said...

Love Snowcones! Remember when you could buy them for a quarter on friday's in elementary school- I thought it was so cool.

Carrie said...

Yeah, I do remember that. And popcorn, too. Do they do that anymore at schools?