Sunday, May 20, 2007

Brian Makes the Best Ribs

Yesterday we invited some friends over for a barbecue. We had 80+ degree weather all week long, then Saturday it dropped to 65. We still ate on the deck, though, and it didn't really feel cold unless a breeze went by, which didn't happen too often.

Brian and I made his famous ribs. He's very good at finding ribs with lots of meat on them, and then he's really good at cooking them. I wasn't a meat person until I married him. In fact, the first time we wen t to Rodigio's when we were dating, I felt so sick afterward. Then when I was pregnant and needed iron, I think I out-ate Brian one time.

Another bummer with the barbecue is that we invited a family with children especially so Alyssa would have people to play with, and she came down with what Ethan had earlier this week. We thought that his fever was from teething, because he didn't throw up, but when Alyssa woke up feeling unwell, we knew it had to be something else. It was really weird how it happened, though. She woke up not feeling well and ate breakfast laying down on the living room floor, then she seemed to feel better. When she complained of a headache, I gave her some children's ibuprofen and she fell asleep for a while. She woke up saying she felt great, and she played with Ethan, and then played with the kids when they came over. She got really cold all of a sudden and started huddling in front of the heater (which she turned on) in the toy room. We sent her to bed, and she fell asleep. She didn't get a fever until later that night.

She seems to be feeling better today, and she's not as warm as she was last night. We're debating which of us will be going to general conference today to learn who the new stake presidency will be. We've got a whole pan of ribs leftover from last night, and I'm so excited for dinner. We know Alyssa must be feeling better, because she actually woke up this morning asking for ribs for breakfast.

6 comments:

Brooklet said...

Sorry to hear about the sick kids! Hopefully it passes soon.

I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever eaten ribs. But now since I have heard of Brian's famous ribs, you are obligated at least at one point in your life to invite me over for dinner.

Carrie said...

Sounds good, Brooke! I don't mind showing off my talented husband.

Tallia said...

Asher and Kenna have been sick too. I guess there's time for one more round of sickness before summer's here!

Shells said...

Hey, if Brooke gets an invite, I want one too.

Monica said...

Let's just make it a party. I want to come too.

Carrie said...

Okay, when is the Harker reunion? I'll come up and cater a dinner for y'all.