Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Just Love Being A Mom

Today has been a good day. I'm not trying to give too much information, but I threw up twice this morning before eating anything, and I've felt so much better today than I have on other days! I think there's a direct correlation to how much "gunk" collects in my stomach over night to how well I feel the next day. I think it helped to get it all out.

That being said, I'm going to tell you all how proud I am that I straightened up the living room, filled and ran the dishwasher, and helped Alyssa make a cake! I know none of those are huge accomplishments, and that put together it's still not a ton of work, but it took effort and I'm glad to say that I got things done.

The kids colds and coughs are getting better, but Ethan has still sat on my lap most of the day. It was so sweet when we went to the beach a few days ago and Ethan wasn't happy with anyone holding him but me. It felt so good to be "Mom." (I have to admit, though, that when Brian snuggled Ethan in his jacket later on, he was equally happy. So it's good to be "Dad" too.) And it's been so much fun just to sit and cuddle with him all day long, watching movies.

So with my few accomplishments, and the love of my children, I have found myself very happy being a mother today. And with the morning sickness not being as bad as it was with Ethan, I don't mind so much that I'm pregnant, and I find myself looking forward to the birth if this next child, instead of dreading my condition. I'm so excited to get another baby! I know it's not the timing that I had originally planned, but I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has seen it fit to give us another child right now. I just love being a mom!

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

Those good days to rescuse you from all the bad days. You realize that it is all worth it! I am so glad that you aren't as sick as with Ethan, and hopefully this stage passes quickly for you, so you can enjoy being a mom that much more.

Brooklet said...

Okay, I am guessing that you are on vacation right now, since we haven't had a post of a while. Oh, is it Disneyland week???!!!??? Can't wait to hear from you once you get back from where ever you are.

Brooklet said...

Well, one day, when your computer is all fixed, I hope you get back to blogging and at least tell us how Disneyland went!!