Friday, March 09, 2007

Morning Buddies

Here's my usual morning routine:
5:45 Alarm goes off, I get out of bed.
5:50 I take off to the gym.
6:00 Walk, run, stretch, sit-ups.
6:35 Head home.
6:45 Arrive at home.

We took our car into the shop yesterday for a new catalytic converter, so I didn't go to the gym this morning. While sleeping in, I discovered that this is Alyssa and Ethan's usual morning routine:
5:45 Still sleeping.
5:50 Ethan wakes up and calls out a couple of times.
6:00 Alyssa wakes up and starts babbling with Ethan. She sings to him, and from the bouncing we heard, she must dance for him too.
6:35 Alyssa goes to the bathroom. Ethan gets upset and starts to cry.
6:40 I holler, "It's okay Ethan, I'm coming!" and Alyssa goes back to Ethan to say, "Mama's home!"

I had no idea that they spent the morning hours "talking" to each other. When we first heard them this morning, I mentioned my surprise to Brian and he said, "Oh no, this happens every morning."

I'm so glad I moved them into the same room; it's so cool they can keep each other company each morning.I think even though there's three and a half years between them, I think they're going to be good friends.

2 comments:

Shaillé said...

That's really cute! Alyssa is a great older sister. :) Congrats on the pregnancy. I didn't know you had been that sick with Ethan -I'm really sorry. I hope this one goes much better for you!! Let us know if you need anything. :)

Brooklet said...

First off, I am always majorily impressed when I hear you say you get up before your kids (who apparently get up at 6:00!!) to go exercise, every morning. Second, I love to hear that Alyssa and Ethan get on so well. I worry about the gap between Claire and our next one, but hopefully they will wake up laughing and talking together, also.