Friday, March 23, 2007

It's the Little Things

I don't think I'm going to get super-sick this pregnancy! I'm about six and a half weeks pregnant, and the morning sickness is still controllable and work-around-able. I feel so blessed, because I felt okay setting up for New Beginnings on Wednesday, and then felt rotten sick while heading to the doctors, then felt fine again during New Beginnings. Everyone says it's adrenaline, but the event really wasn't stressful at all. I think Heavenly Father is making it easier for me to fulfill my calling this time around.

Like I said, I went to see Dr. Andrews on Wednesday, and he set me up with the regimen of medication and vitamins they had me on last time. (I'm writing this down for you, Kim, so you can try it out when you get pregnant someday. I don't want you to die.) I take one reglan 30 minutes before eating my meals, and one at bedtime. I take one unisom (25 mg) in the morning, and two at bedtime. I take one 100 mg tablet of vitamin B6 each night, but I could also take 50 mg in the morning and 50 at night. And then I take my prenatal vitamin in the morning. That's a lot of pill swallowing! I just officially started yesterday, and it seems like I'm taking something all the time, but so far it's working. I had a hard time eating dinner last night, but the point is: I was able to eat, and keep it down.

Dinner last night was so good. I wish I could have enjoyed it a little more fully. Brian made prime rib sandwiches with caramelized onions and creamy horseradish sauce on ciabatta bread. So yummy! We were supposed to have artichokes with the sandwiches, but we both forgot about them until the last minute. Brian doesn't cook or bake very often, but when he does, he enjoys it. He was singing while stirring the onions, and he was singing while he was making the strawberry lemonade, and he was singing while he brought everything to the table. Such great service!

I tried to eat at the table, but found that difficult, so I moved to the couch. Brian brought my plate over, and he had cut my sandwich in half, for easier eating. "Oh, you cut my sandwich in half," I said, starting to cry, "That's so sweet."

"I love it when you're hormonal," Brian said. "I score points for the smallest things."

3 comments:

Shells said...

What an awesome husband. It is those little things that completely make my day.

Brooklet said...

LOL! You started to cry about a cut sandwich!! I love it! I am super super glad that you are not super sick this pregnancy (three supers in one sentence, impressive). And I am also really glad that you have a good husband who know how to take care of his wife.

Shaillé said...

That is so wonderful that you are not going to be as sick as you were last time!!! And way to go Brian for making a great dinner! (I wonder if he was singing because he was so glad he doesn't have any tests or school for the next week...?!) Hope you guys have a great break. :)