Tuesday, March 27, 2007

All Day Long

We drove along the lonely highway, checking in the rear view mirror, to make sure that Brian was still behind us on the motorcycle. Yep, everything's good. Suddenly, I saw a car parked on the side of the road, flames shooting from the engine. The owner of the vehicle was running circles around the car, obviously not knowing how to put the fire out. I pulled our car over, and got out. I silently thanked my stomach for not being queasy and my brain for not being drowsy. I got a sheet from the car and started hitting the flames with it. A police man pulled up soon, and helped douse the flames. Once the fire was under control the man's father came out from behind it to thank us for helping. He found a gun somewhere and was "jokingly" telling us to hand over our money. I told him I didn't have any money, but felt in my pockets anyway. I found a 60 dollar bill in my left back pocket, and remembered that it was left over from when we stopped for lunch. I handed it to the man. Alyssa was with me, and I was worried about her, so when Brian pulled up on his motorcycle, I sent her outside to be with him. I don't know why the police man didn't arrest the jerk with the gun, I supposed it's only because he was joking about the whole thing. He got our money anyway.

There's two girls in the ballet class who know what they're doing. Their parents have money, and they're wearing special leotards and tu-tu's, and the teacher likes them better than everyone else. I can't remember what I wore to class, but the teacher keeps referring to it as "something dreadful." At least I'm not sick, or drowsy. I sewed myself a new tu-tu. The teacher thought it would turn out lousy, and I wanted to yell at her that I've made dozens of tu-tu's for my daughter that were just beautiful! While sticking the last bit of lace onto my yellow tu-tu, I overheard the teacher telling the two girls how ridiculous the rest of the class was compared to them. I marched over to her with my new beautiful ty-tu in hand and revealed who my father was, and he happened to have twice the money as the other girls' fathers, put together, and I would be going to another ballet class, and taking the rest of the students with me. Proud of myself, I marched from the classroom.

Those are just a couple of snippets from my life yesterday. We slept in, and Alyssa and I made breakfast in bed for Brian. It was her idea, something she came up with when I asked her if she wanted to do anything special for Spring break. After breakfast, I put on "Magic of the Rainbow" for the kids and crawled back into bed. Surprisingly, when Brian heard what was on, he said, "I haven't seen this Barbie movie yet. I'm going to go watch it." This is what happens when grown men have daughters. I love it. So he got up with the kids while I slept all morning.

I got up and made potatoes O'Brien for lunch. They were supposed to be for breakfast, but I had forgotten about them. (Would you like some potatoes O'Brien, oh Brian?) Once lunch was eaten, I went back to bed again, and Brian and the kids watched Hercules.

The whole time I was sleeping I would have these dreams where I was so thankful to be awake and feeling good and alert, then I would wake up to find out that I had been sleeping. I slept all day long. It felt so good. I didn't take my Unisom this morning, though. The house is a disaster, and I just can't go back to bed today.

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

I am glad you got the rest that you are probably so desprately in need of right now. And I am glad you didn't let your dance teacher get away with dissing your yellow tu-tu!

Mz Manicure said...

What interesting dreams you've had. When I was on the Unisom/B combo, I never had anything interesting happen. Mostly, my days were just extremely short.
One thing, though, I'll be sure never to do. I'l never bash the tu-tu...because now I know the power behind it. :)

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.