Wednesday, March 07, 2007

And I Am Happy Now

I believe that Spring is finally here. It's still dark and rainy, but there's a completely different feeling to the day. I'm not constantly turning the heat up or cuddling in a blanket just to keep warm. The daffodils in our yard are blooming, and the tulips are popping up. Our neighbor got out his rototiller and prepared the dirt in his garden yesterday. Everything is beautiful!

And my attitude has changed completely. My alarm went off at 5:45 this morning. Brian leaned over, kissed me and said "Good morning," then rolled over again and went back to sleep. I got up and went to the gym, and while I was running I was reading the article in the March Ensign called, "Joshua's Towers." Halfway through the article I started looking at the pictures, and they looked familiar. It turns out that the Grittons are in our old ward (from before the boundary change in January). I started hollering "Oh my gosh! That's so cool!" and told the girl running beside me. Yes, she's LDS too.

When I pulled into our driveway Alyssa's head popped through the blinds and she waved at me. It was 6:45 and the whole house was awake. Brian carried Ethan into the room when I walked in the door. We had cake for breakfast (not too healthy, I know) and I think something is wrong with me. I could only eat half a piece. It was too sweet for me. It's been like that for the past couple of weeks. I've had no interest in sweets whatsoever. I don't even think I'm going to want a cake for my birthday.

Brian is the only sane one in our family when it comes to breakfast foods. He had a very healthy cereal and then took a shower. Alyssa and Ethan sat on the recliner in the toy room and listened to a Standing Tall tape, and then I ushered them into the car to take Brian to school. Alyssa and I were very careful not to step on the slug crossing our sidewalk.

I'm posting on my blog right now, we're taking our car into the shop at 9:00, and I have visiting teachers coming at 10:30. After that I'm going to finish the temple dress that I started to make before I got pregnant with Ethan.

We've had a very routine morning, and it's going to be a very simple day, but the whole point of writing about it is that I'm happy. I'm so glad for Spring. I'm so glad to be a wife and mother. I'm so glad that we live in a house. I'm glad for everything.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I feel almost like a Harker:

What song is the title from?

Brooklet said...

I keep thinking of the Michelle Branch song, but that lyric is, are you happy now.

Singing in the Rain says, And I'm happy again- slightly different

I don't have a clue!

Brooklet said...

So whats the song??

Carrie said...

"And I am happy now living without you. I've left you oh-oh-oh-ho"

The Sign