Thursday, November 01, 2012

Zombies and Halloween

 First, Erin's zombie party.  Philip set it all up perfectly.  We all met up at my parents' house, then when we gave the word, Philip took his family for a Sunday drive while we snuck over to their house and hid in the backyard.  They were soon home, and Erin found her new diaper bag, which says, "Zombie Survival Kit" on it, and pulled out the toy gun, because she was being attacked by niece and nephew zombies!  It was fabulous how they came out from the shadows and inched their way along the dark grass.  Erin was soon overwhelmed by them all, and if it had been a real zombie attack, she would have definitely had her brains eaten.  Ethan wanted to be a snake zombie, so a few minutes after we had all come in, we were wondering where he had gone to, and we found him still in the dark backyard, slithering along the wet grass.

the brain cakes
Brian zombie - he had to go to a meeting halfway through the party


The progression of the attack.










Yesterday, for Halloween, we had a party for Activity Days where we made monster bookmarks and pine cone owls, and played pin the heart on the skeleton and musical chairs.  Then, all the cousins came over to go trick-or-treating together, eat pot luck tacos, and watch Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow. 

My Halloween tricksters.  Marcus and Ethan are both wearing costumes that my mom made for my brothers when they were little.


Becca in the wig Jenny Rose made for her.  Technically, her costume is a doll witch, I guess.

I started my costume a while ago, but when I learned I wasn't going to be able to go to the ward trunk-or-treat party, because of Tombstone Tales, I stopped.  Then, right before going trick-or-treating, I didn't feel festive enough, so I threw it on and had Erin do my make up real quick.  She did a good job, for just working with what I had in the drawer.  Halfway through the night, my niece Megan said, "There is nothing appealing at all to your face."

full shot of zombie Snow White

Rosie the Riveter leading the kids in a Thriller conga line

I was trying to take a picture of my mom with Norah and Becca, but Callie kept photobombing.

Pretty soon we had so many photobombers that you can't even see what I was trying to take a picture of.

In other news:  Alyssa and Ethan had their first showcase of the year at MCP.  Ethan built a Mesopotamian ziggurat to share, and Alyssa did a division problem on the board.  They did a great job!





No comments: