Wednesday, September 05, 2012

First Day of School

 We started school yesterday, and it was crazy.  We didn't use our work boxes, because I didn't quite know what order to put the kids' assignments in with them sharing the computer.  So we spent the morning with me running around like a crazy lady, back and forth from the computer to the bookshelves, trying to get the kids sorted out.  Today has gone a lot smoother, since I put the work boxes together this morning before we started.

Ethan is all about school and learning.  It's still new to him, and he's excited to do it.  I say. "Do a worksheet," and he says, "Okay!"  He's also very excited to do K12 on the computer.  It's 11:15, and he has finished everything for the day, except for Math, which he needs the computer for.  The K12 website seems to have frozen, though, so he's waiting while I blog while I wait for it to connect.

Alyssa, on the other hand - wow!  Over the summer she was doing great at the work boxes, and she would do all her work happily, without much help, then be out the door, playing.  But now she's spent the past two mornings flailed across the couch, moaning, "I need help!  I just can't do this!  I don't know what to do!" and I'm like:  "Alyssa, you did this in second grade!  You're fine!"  Actually, yesterday she did pretty good.  It's more this morning that she's having problems.  Mostly, she's having a huge problem staying focused on her work, and every time I redirect her to it, she starts the moaning and the wailing.  Oh, and she's also spending most of her working time singing songs, which isn't very conducive to Math.  I think she's going to be a little surprised when Ethan and Marcus get to play after lunch, and I go fold laundry, and she'll be stuck in the school room, finishing her work.  I hope if she takes all day long to get things done today, that tomorrow morning will go better.
Alyssa doing her Math lesson


Marcus working in his activity workbook

Becca, being carried around

Ethan working on his Math lesson

No comments: