Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Have My Cake, And Eat It, Too

Today, Becca turned one!  I sang her "Happy Birthday" when she woke up this morning, and she seemed to like it.  We unpacked from our family reunion (more on that in a later post) a bit, frosted her cake, straightened up the house, and then spent the afternoon swimming at my parent's. Then we came home and had a quick dinner and cake before Brian had to take off for mutual.

Rebecca is our only child to not be a full walker before turning one, and it's not because she can't, it's really because she prefers to tease us when we practice.  Last week, though, she decided to start practicing on her own, and she's toddling around a little bit more.  She loves to pick up the phone and say "Ay-oh!"  She loves t.v. remotes. She loves playing in the water.  She's down to only waking up once or twice a night, which is nice.  I think her favorite thing to eat is bananas, but really, she puts everythying she can get her hands on in her mouth, so I really can't say what is her favorite.  She's sweet.   She is just such a sweet, friendly, happy baby, and we love her a lot.

Here's her cake eating progression.
Poking it.

Tasting it.

"This really is yummy."

"Seriously.  Leave me alone; I'm eating my cake."

All done.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

She is adorable! And I can hardly believe she's one already! This year has flown right on by for me!

J-Leav said...

I can't believe it's been a year! What a cutie-pot-pie!!

Cam said...

A year has gone by already? She is definitely a "Jacks"- glad she enjoyed her cupcake (and I loved the captions!)