Monday, April 25, 2011

Our New Baby Before The Baby Comes

On Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to find the kids' Easter baskets sitting in the upstairs hallway.  Everyone was excited, and we went downstairs for an Easter egg hunt and a candy breakfast.

Then we straightened up the house a bit (not as much as I would have liked, because that's how it always goes) and headed up to Othello to meet a litter of really cute chocolate labradors.  We sat in the grass with them, and loved them, and the kids ran around the yard with them.  We did not, however, take one home with us.

Instead, we decided to drive for two and a half hours over to Spokane to meet a sweet little black lab, which we did take home.  We named her Sadie, and we just love her.  See?  She and Brian already have a kissing relationship.  (Sorry about the quality of the pictures.  I didn't realize they were so fuzzy until I put them on the computer.)

Sadie slept on my lap the whole way home, which was a long drive, because the GPS took us on the back roads back to Pasco.  Alyssa, Marcus, and I headed to Petco to buy a collar, leash, kennel, bed, poop scoop, etc.  while Brian and Ethan introduced Sadie to our house and the cat.  Callie, by the way, is not thrilled with Sadie's arrival, but she's taking it pretty well.  She's interested in Sadie (like smelling her, and watching her) but for the most part, she's just keeping her distance and giving Brian the cold shoulder.  I say Brian, and not me, because she's sitting on my lap right now, licking my arm.  Brian is her favorite, and I think she feels completely betrayed by him.

Sorry to cut this short.  I'll give more information in another post.  I've got to take Sadie on a potty break before we take Alyssa to school for P.E.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow. That's a big step! You're braver than me. :) Though I'm sure we'll join the club one of these days.

Cam said...

You are one brave woman, that's all I have to say! :)

Travis and Heather said...

I am with the other two ladies. Courage! you have courage my friend. I know this is horrid, but I am so thankful I am allergic to animals:). No, sorry kids, we can't get a dog. I am allergic.