Wednesday, December 22, 2010

We Can Do This, Baby

"We can do this, Baby," is the mantra I would chant to myself when things got bad.  "We can do this," when I'd have to breathe slowly to keep myself from throwing up.  "We can do this," after throwing up and having a few blessed minutes of feeling a little bit better.  But today I said "We can do this, Baby," with enthusiasm, because today has been a good day.

Things have gotten a lot better since my last post.  I went to the hospital again, added two new drugs to my list, which helped with the nausea but also made me feel really wierd, ran out of Zofran and found that it had been making me feel worse, and today I've just been taking medication as needed instead of around the clock like I've been doing.  It kind of makes me mad that the Zofran was making me sick - not mad at the doctors, because they wouldn't know.  I've heard of Zofran working for so many people.  But it makes me mad at the Zofran.  It was supposed to be helping, but it wasn't doing it's job, or maybe it was doing it's job, and maybe now that I'm further along I don't need it.  I don't know.  I'm taking any good days I can get with a smile.  I hope this lasts and things just keep getting better from here. 

Brian wants me to tell everyone that we didn't send Christmas cards, so if you didn't get one from us, don't feel bad - no one did.  I haven't even emailed a few people back who asked for our address so they could send us a Christmas card, because the medications I've been on have made focusing on the computer difficult.  So I will get to that, and next year everyone will get a fabulous Christmas card from us, but for now, just know that we appreciate you all and we hope that everyone has a very wonderful Christmas!

No comments: