Thursday, December 30, 2010

This One Goes Out To The One I Love

Sorry for the kissy picture.  Brian and I took pictures of ourselves while waiting for the kids to wake up on Christmas morning.  I wanted to use one of those, and this is the only one where Brian isn't making a horribly ugly face.
Any R.E.M. fans out there?  I grew up listening to R.E.M. because my brother loved them - great band.  So if you continue singing this song: "This one goes out to the one I love(d?)," the next line goes,  "This one goes out to the one I left behind."

I love Brian, but he is the one leaving me behind every morning, which is one of the reasons why I love him.  Before I was pregnant, I would get up in the morning to exercise, usually getting up before his alarm even thought about sounding.  Now, it's a different story.  I do wake up around 5:00 each day to take my thyroid medication, because I'm supposed to take it on an empty stomach, with lots of water, and not eat anything for at least an hour afterward. Plus, I usually throw up first thing upon getting out of bed each day, and I need to have time for that pill to get absorbed so it doesn't come right back up again.  But I don't even get out of bed to take said pill.  The bottle is sitting on my side dresser with a cup of water, and I go right back to sleep after taking it.

A while later Brian's alarm goes off and he pushes snooze, which happens a few times, 'cause that's how he does things, but then he gets out of bed to shower, and I roll over and go back to sleep.  He comes back in the room to get dressed, and I roll to the other side.  He says good-bye, I tell him I love him, and then roll over, again, and go back to sleep.

I love this man.  He hasn't complained at all.  He hasn't rubbed it in my face that he gets up way before I do, like I used to kind of do to him when I went running at crazy-5-in-the-morning.  He hasn't called me lazy or anything like it.  The closest he's even come to complaining is that he said he was tired last night and headed to bed around 7:30.  He is amazing, and I am so thankful for all the hard work he does for our family.

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh I love this post. You amaze me Carrie. And I'm glad Brian is taking such good care of you during this trying time. Its nice to hear how happy others are in their marriage, I'm glad we're not the only ones. :)

Brooklet said...

Thank goodness for good husbands who help out in the times of need. I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. Hopefully the pregnancy will go by fast!