Friday, December 03, 2010

Guess Where I've Been

Note: the computer is down, and I used my phone to post this. I wasn't going to tell, but it's just awful. This will be edited soon.

We were going to wait until Christmas to tell anyone. We weren't going to tell our parents, and we weren't going to tell the kids until Christmas day. But I am lousy at keeping secrets. I had it all planned out, too. Just imagine a cute little post on Christmas morning saying that Santa brought a friendship bracelet kit for Alyssa, a airport block set for Ethan, a Batman block set for Marcus, and a bassinet for the new baby. See? Wouldn't that be a great way to tell everyone?

Instead it was, "Mom, I'm so sick. I need a bean burrito," and "Diane, I'm so sick. Can you cook up some chicken and hamburger at your house so I don't have to smell it?" and "Kids, Daddy and I wanted to tell you special on Chrismtas morning, but the reason I've been so sick is because we're getting a new baby, and we're really going to need your help," and finally, "Mom, I'm really sick. Brian is on the phone with the doctor and they want me to come in right now. Can you come watch the kids?"

Did you notice a theme to all that? Yes, I'm pregnant, and like always I am sick as a dog. Not fun. Brian took me in last night and they sent me straight to the hospital. The doctor gave me the option Of waiting a couple of days to go in, but we decided that the sooner the better, and we just hopped across the street to the hospital. They filled me full of fluid and drugs, and I left feeling pretty good. The doctor also put in an order for a Zofran pump to see if that helps me feel better. (I've been taking Zofran tablets for about a week now, and they're helping, but not as good as we'd like.) He also told us to come back to the hospital as often as we need to until we get things under control. So hopefully we'll get this thing kicked before it kicks me. We found out that I have thyroid problems, which may be contributing to the sickness. I left the hospital felog like a normal person, then I started feeling like I had what I would assume to be normal morning sickness, and now it's gotten a little worse. I'm excited to take my Phenegren tonight, because I think that combined with the Zofran will help a lot, and of course, once my Zofran pump comes and I'm getting a continuous supply , things will get better.

BriN got me a really ute charm bracelet thatwas wrapped up and sitting under the Christmas tree when I came home today. It's a pregnancy bracelet, and you add a new charm each month until the baby comes. I love it! I put it on this afternoon, and when feel my two little charms dangling, imreminded that there's a very exciting reason for all of this, and that in July we'll have a sweet little baby.

12 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so sorry that you are so very sick, but you are such a fabulous mom what a lucky baby to come to your family.

Catherine said...

Congrats! So excited for you guys! #4... you really are super mom! very cute idea for announcing it... I think "mom, i need a burrito" works just as well! :) Good luck feeling better and keep us updated on that babe!

NaDell said...

Yuck. Sorry you're sick. Good thing you have family close by who can make two sets of taco meat at once and bring it over, right? Or better yet, they can take the kids and feed them and bring them back home and put them to bed. I think if I ever got sick with pregnancy, I'd want that. Where do you sign up for extra doting?
That bracelet sounds cute. Enjoy building your baby. =)

Em and Ms said...

Congratulations! I'm sure it's hard to feel really excited when your so sick, but we're really happy for you. Hang in there and be glad you have family around to help you.

J-Leav said...

Another offspring of Carrie?! The world is a better place! Congratulations! Hopefully you'll be feeling well enough to hang out in January!

Shells said...

Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon.

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

Congrats to all of you! Good luck with the morning noon and night sickness. You rock. I think my announcement with Sarah to my mom was pretty much "mom, I'm so sick".

erica said...

wow, i am so excited for you guys! congrats!! i hope you start feeling better soon, i hate pregnancy sickness! hang in there, it will be worth it! the bracelet is a cute idea, go brian! :)

Brooklet said...

Oh, a hearty congratulations! I am so excited that soon you will be welcoming a new little baby into the family. So sorry that this pregnancy is another rough one. I really don't know how you do it. Good luck, hopefully the medicine will work wonderfully and the seven months will fly by!

Lindsey Alexander said...

Congratulations!!!!

I'm praying your sickness passes soon!! I'm so excited to be able to follow all 9 months of your pregnancy through your blog:-) Keep us posted!!

Lindsey

Travis and Heather said...

Oh my goodness, pregancy is such a gift and such a trial. I am amazed at women who get sooo incredibly sick and just forge on with with faith that somehow the gaps of life will fill in while they are away for nine months. I am so grateful to hear you have your family close by to assist and save you on those days where you just can't make it. I will be sending nausea free thoughts your way. Until then get your head down, smile on, and get through that darn sickness.

Kimberly Nicole said...

So I'm taking the liver detox pills didn't work... ? Or maybe you didn't take it for 6 months? Maybe I should start taking them now in order to get a full year in?
Mom and I were half joking about this earlier today, and then I said, "Looking at Carrie, adoption is looking pretty good right now". I respect you so much for trecking on through! Good job Carrie! I'll be praying for you and I will call so I can catch up once I turn my Senior Capstone in tomorrow.