Friday, June 04, 2010

Wonderfully Wet

the new LDS chapel in the rain this morning

It has been uncommonly rainy for the Tri-Cities this Spring, and everything is green and beautiful. You can tell that we're still conditioned from our time in Oregon, because it hasn't stopped me from going on walks in the morning or the kids from playing outside or Brian from, um, going to work. The kids spent all of May wondering when it would be warm enough for me to let them play in the sprinklers, and now that it's June, it's still not warm enough for sprinklers, but they're getting wet playing outside just the same.

6 comments:

Cali said...

I love the rain...

How is your recovery going now? I hope that you are feeling much better. Crazy how any surgery can really take its toll on your body, isn't it?!! I'm so glad that you'll be able to have your voice back, but sorry about the miserable recovery you've had. I really hope that you are doing better. Good luck!

J-Leav said...

I MISS THE TRI-CITIES and am so jealous of your June....trying to figure out what to do with Abby in 107 degrees...and it's only June 4th!

Catherine said...

the new building is gorgeous! We have been having lots of rain here too, but I don't mind a wet spring, as long as it doesn't last for too long!

Kim-the-girl said...

I'm jealous of your June too. Glad you've been enjoying it. :)

Brooklet said...

My parents mentioned that it has been cold and rainy and I think it sounds great.

Katie B.C. said...

I liked the rain in the tri-cities too- because when it rained it smelt all earthy and it didn't rain so much. Also, that was before I had even thought about training for triathlons and such so it didn't bother me that much. But really, it rains a lot more in Minnesota than I expected, every week all summer has one or two rainy days, and it's hard to plan outdoor activies in advance. (like Reuben's birthday barbeque which miraculously fell between two rainy days, it being perfect weather that day.)