Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Etc., Etc.

We started out by going all the way around the park on the train, a Lewis family tradition.


Then we were lucky enough to catch a ride up Main Street on the horseless buggy.


Alyssa loved driving on Autopia.

Marcus loved Dumbo's Flying Circus.

A nice family we made friends with in line for the Matterhorn took our picture. I think this was the first time we went on it this trip, so the boys very first time. They weren't too thrilled at first, but it ended up being one their favorite rides.





Alyssa's A

Marcus loved the ladybug ride. We went on it four times while Brian, Alyssa, and Ethan were doing Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies.



Big Thunder Mountain Ranch


Alyssa played Musical Chairs with the Mad Hatter and Alice. Each time someone got out the Mad Hatter asked them to tell a joke. Alyssa said, "Why did the house cross the road?...To crush cars!" She would fit in very nicely in Wonderland.

Ethan was so excited to see Lightning McQueen and Mater that he got mad when we wanted him to hold still for a picture. This is about the happiest picture I took of him with the cars.

Brian taught the boys to wrap towels around their waists after their shower. They were quite proud of themselves.

The boys and I went on the rocket ride in California Adventure.

And Ethan even rode by himself. He was a little worried, but very proud of himself.


Alyssa discovered Muhulland Madness, and loved it! We also loved that her shirt matched the fence.

Alyssa got in line to see Cinderella, and we were a little behind her, and the Cast Member watching the line told us the line was closed. Instead of having us join Alyssa in line, we went ahead and had Alyssa back out of the line. I was so glad that Cinderella stopped for a minute to talk to Alyssa on her way out. Cinderella told her that she liked her glasses, and that they made Alyssa look very pretty.

I don't know what ride we're on, but Marcus looks way cute!

Alyssa participated in the Jedi Training Academy. (Holding a sign will definitely get you in!) She loved doing it, but she didn't want to fight Darth Vader or Darth Maul.

We were able to ride in the front of the Monorail. Ethan was so excited to ride the Monorail - it was his absolute favorite ride!


This is from our Splash Mountain trip that killed my cell phone. I was holding my purse under the front of the log, thinking it would be safe, but on the first waterfall a huge wave splashed over the side and dumped water all over me. I couldn't have gotten more wet if I had jumped in the water myself!

This was the first time we staked out a spot for the fireworks - totally worth it! And the Dollar Tree glow wands I bought ahead of time were fabulous, too!


Ethan threw up on the drive home. He threw up all over himself, so we pulled off of the highway into the parking lot of a paint store to clean things up. I went ahead and bought a couple of paint buckets just in case we had any repeats. It took about a half hour to clean up, then after (seriously!) thirty seconds of being back on the highway, Ethan yelled, "I have to go poop!" and we stopped again.

The kids liked all the curves in the road as we drove home. We've got a few roller coaster fanatics in the making!

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!
One question-Where do they keep those Cars cars? I never saw them when we were there last month....I looked for them, but should have asked I guess. If we had Vincent with us, maybe I would have.
Looks like the weather was perfect too. So fun!

Kim-the-girl said...

Is the Jedi training at Disneyland or California Adventure? My boys will definitely want to do that. Oh I'm getting SO excited!!!

Carrie said...

NaDell, the Cars cars are in California Adventure, almost across the way from Soarin'. The boys loved it!

Kim, the Jedi Training is in Disneyland, in Tomorrowland. They have three or four sessions throughout the day, and they're written in the daily schedule paper. We tried to get Alyssa in twice, but she never made it, then we made a sign (on a regular sized paper, real easy) that said, "I want to be a Jedi," and she was picked first thing. The guys doing Darth Maul do a fabulous job of scaring everybody - it really is amazing!

Cam said...

So fun! Glad you guys had a wonderful trip.