Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some Random Little Bits And Pieces

  • My hair is curly again. I missed the curls, and my pixie cut was growing out to the point of funniness, so I went for a perm last night. I love it.
  • We're headed to Seattle tomorrow for Brian's cousin's wedding. We're excited to meet Rebecca and see everyone else in the family. While we're there, we'll be livin' it up with the Sumsions for a day. Yea!
  • The kids are having bread and jam for breakfast, and Alyssa is singing, "Jam, jam, jam. Jamma, jamma, jam," while she's spreading it on her slice.
  • We got the house! Brian and I signed the acceptance papers for the bank's counter offer on Saturday. We'll be closing on the 22 of March. I've got a OneNote file full of decorating ideas for each room, and a Word file listing the "plan" of our moving schedule. In less than a month we'll have a dish washer, a garage, and a driveway!
  • Yesterday I took the kids with me to Achievement Days, and Hope was giving the lesson. She was talking about the 12th Article of Faith, and Ethan was sitting on my lap, and when she asked the girls the question, "Now, what do we do if we think a law is stupid?" Ethan turned to me and gasped, "Hupid is a bad word!" He's such a good boy.
  • Marcus' new phrase is "All right." If I tell him something, he says, "Awe vibe!" And speaking of Marcus, he just got his butter privileges revoked, because he stuck Alyssa's pill bottle in the butter tub. Maybe blogging during breakfast isn't such a good idea.
  • I'm reading "Alice in Wonderland" to Alyssa in preparation for the movie coming out next month. We're not taking the kids to it, because it actually looks scary, but I've requested that Brian take me for my birthday when he's asked what I want, and I'd like to officially read the book before seeing it. I'm also making notes on ideas to decorate our new school room, and I've decided the Alice in Wonderland theme is prefect for a school room. It encourages stretching your mind and using your imagination, it has quotes on the Earth that would be great to put by a world map, and it's just fun.
Gotta go. We're getting a late start to the morning, and we've got a lot to do today.

9 comments:

NaDell said...

Andy read the Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass to Elizabeth last summer. They enjoyed it and I liked overhearing it. I think Andy wants to go to that movie too. We should go on a double date.
Congratulations on your house! That is FABULOUS!

J-Leav said...

I want pictures of this house! Where is it located? Pasco? Where at in Pasco?

Carrie said...

NaDell, I would love to double with you guys. Let me ask Brian when we might go and we'll work it out.

KellyAnne said...

I love the Alice in Wonderland decorating idea! How fun. We've been in our house for almost 2 years now and we still haven't really decorated. We're slow like that. ;)

Cali said...

PICTURES!!! Of the house, of your haircut, of your decorating ideas...I'd love to see them all! Congrats on closing--HOW EXCITING!!

Shaillé said...

Congrats on the house - I'm excited for you guys!!

Cam said...

I've been wondering how things were going for you with the house- congratulations! That's such exciting news! And thanks for the loan info, you're right- it's easy to qualify without a work history, I was very surprised! I love your idea for the playroom and can't wait to see how it turns out. Infact, I can't wait to see all of your ideas, I will live vicariously through you. Congrats again!

Brooklet said...

yeah for the news on the house!! I am so excited for you guys. And if you get a new hair style it is a blogging rule that you must post pictures. I want to see your new curly do.

Katie B.C. said...

Hey, I also want to see pictures of the house.

Alice in wonderland is scary. Very scary. (I haven't seen the new movie but I don't think that it deviates from the other scary movies based on the book.) But if you can make your schoolroom not scary and somewhat enlightening (in an educational sort of way) while still going from that theme, I will fully support you. Good luck and congrats!