Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Camp Zarahemla

Today is going to be a busy, busy day. We've got a full day of school lessons, plus we need to catch up on two Science lessons (We're learning about light, and yesterday the kids and I crammed into my tiny bedroom closet to shine a flashlight on a mirror and some tin foil) and a Language Arts lesson. We might save one of the Science lessons for Friday when Brian might be home - I dunno.

So it's 7:13. The kids alarm will go off at 7:30, so I've got to get this post done quick!

Last weekend everyone in my family who lives in the Tri-Cities (except Dave and Sara, who had to work, although technically they live in Connel) headed to Camp Zarahemla near Naches, Washington for a fabulous weekend of sledding on ice packed snow, slipping and bumping our heads, eating lots of cake (oh, that was just me), eating lots of yummy other foods, playing games, running around the lodge like crazy huligans (that was the kids), and enjoying a heaping amount of fun and frivolity.

Here's the pictures to prove I'm not lying:

Ethan and Asher's birthday cake

Ethan going to bed

Crazy Brian and slightly shocked and amazed Alyssa

Asher and Marcus' matching pajamas

No, I am not hiding from the camera. I'm laughing hysterically after trying to sit on the corner of my parents blow up bed with a glass of water and sliding completely off, splashing my water across the floor.

Brennan

Ethan

Nathan and Eliza

Megan

So pretty

So pretty - Merian and Alyssa

Ma and Pa (affectionately known as Mom and Dad)

Brian's balancing skeelz

Aren't I cool?

Kenna and Merian

Marcus

The kids making Apple Jacks necklaces

Megan and Marcus

Michael and Ethan

Playing "Love Your Neighbor"

It's currently 7:48. I wasn't nearly quick enough. Alyssa got out of bed at 7:24, and apparently the alarm wasn't set, because the boys are still sleeping. Time to get a move on!

5 comments:

Brooklet said...

That looks like so much fun! the idea of going to a cabin in the snow with family sounds perfect to me.

NaDell said...

That looks really fun! I like the Apple Jacks necklaces. Did the Jacks family choose the cereal?
Elizabeth is switching to tap class on Thursday afternoons next week. I don't know the colors of the classes. Sad. =( She just wants to do tap and hates ballet, so we are switching.

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow! That looks incredible! Fun for everyone.

J-Leav said...

I want to eat that frosting dinosaur SO bad...

Johnsons said...

I love all the pictures. That is a good one of Mom and Dad.