Monday, January 04, 2010

Back to School

A little bit before Christmas we started a different schedule by having a day devoted to Science and History and a day devoted to Language Arts, with the rest of the days devoted to Phonics and Math. It worked better than trying to do one lesson from each every day, because if things got busy or out of hand, we'd miss Language Arts or Science or History, and after a while we'd notice that it had been a few days or a week without studying any of those.

So today, our first day back from Christmas vacation, we're starting with a Language Arts day. It's rainy and cold outside, and it's a perfect day to cuddle up on the couch and finish reading Winnie the Pooh.

3 comments:

Cali said...

That does sound wonderful! I'm so impressed with your ability to juggle everything and take care of Alyssa's schooling. Way to go!

Kim-the-girl said...

It really is quite amazing all you do. I may be contacting you about home schooling info...

Carrie said...

I don't feel amazing at all. Overall, I love having Alyssa at home, and I love teaching her, but there are so many times when I ask, "What did I get myself into?" or "Am I really teaching her enough?" Like most things, though, the good seems to outweigh the bad.