Thursday, August 13, 2009

So This Is Why The Pounds Are Piling On

Last night Brian wanted to show Alyssa a song on his computer, so when we gathered in our bedroom for family prayer, he played the song for her, and the kids started dancing. We ended up postponing family prayer for close to an hour while Brian played the DJ, saying such smooth lines as, "You thought that I was BJ, but I'm the DJ," while the kids and I danced all around the bedroom. About halfway through, when I was thinking about how much fun everyone was having (and about how great a workout dancing is!) I realized that it's been forever since we've had a family dance party. We used to have them all of the time; we'd dance in the living room, the kitchen, wherever on a multiple times a day basis. What happened to that? I think it also explains why I haven't been as chipper as my normal self, too. We need to dance more.




*When I wrote the word, "chipper," I thought, "That's a dorky word. I need to use another word." But then I looked it up to find another word, and the definition is, "marked by or being in sprightly good humor and health," and it is actually, the perfect word. So "chipper" stays.

1 comment:

Cam said...

I thought your title might indicate a pregnancy announcement :)- it's good to dance the pounds away, I should try it. Glad to see your family is doing well. Here's to paying off those student loans!!