Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Oh So Famous Husband

I was looking through the catalog of classes offered by the city of Richland's Parks and Recreation department this afteroon, when Brian called saying he was getting off of work at the hospital. We've been talking about taking a class together when he moves back home, and before we hung up, I told Brian that I would look into it further before we talked again tonight. So I got online and went to the website listed in the catalog, and immediately called out in wonderment and surprise.

You see, on this website there are rotating pictures on the home page, so that each time you visit or refresh the page, you are greeted with a beautiful, large picture of something in the city of Richland. And when I pulled up the website, staring at me was a picture of Brian, at about fourteen years old, fishing with his dog, Tally. We have a blown up copy of it that was hanging in the boys' room of our Forest Grove house, but we haven't yet hung it up since moving here. I tried to copy and paste it from the website to put it on here, but it wont let me. But if you really want to see it, go here, and just keep clicking "refresh" until you find it.

The story behind the picture is that a friend of Brian's family needed a picture for a brochure for Hanford showing how clean the water was, and they asked Brian to pose for it. He brought along his dog, and the photographer tried a number of different poses but none seemed to be working, so Brian said, "Let me show you what we usually do," and Tally laid down, Brian leaned up against her, and the shot turned out beautifully.

Iwas just surprised that it would end up on the city's website, but most of all that out of all the pictures they have as options, that it would be the very first to be pulled up for me when I checked it today.

2 comments:

NaDell said...

That picture is cute!
What class will you take? What ideas do you have?

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow! Brian at 14 is still a giant! Ethan at 14 was like 5 foot 3 or something... very cute picture!