Saturday, January 31, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons

Today Ethan peed on the floor, on the couch, on a dining room chair, and one time when he flushed the toilet it completely overflowed, leaving poop infested water all over the bathroom. Marcus left the mop on the floor and I stepped on it, snapping it in two. (He is always getting out our mop and broom. Always meaning always, not just occasionally, frequently, or nearly every waking minute of the day. Always.) I had such plans for this today, and when things started to go wrong, I really wanted to call my sister to complain about life in general and have her tell me that it was going to be okay, I was doing a great job, yadda yadda yadda....

But instead, I told myself that I was going to make the best of things, so I toweled up the lake in the bathroom, Lysoled the floor, and went downstairs to build a fort with the kids. We had a blast! Then after dinner we made a huge mess of both the kitchen and dining room baking Hong Kong Egg Tarts for my family's Chinese New Year celebration tomorrow, and that was fun, too.

1 comment:

Katie B.C. said...

You actually made egg tarts? wow, you celebrated CHinese new year even more than we did this year. Were the tarts good? I need your recipe. We love those!

About the whole life giving you lemons thing- my last week was a little like your day- except not so much lysol was involved. I don't have much time now that school has started but I have Wednesdays off. Wednesday I was going to spend quality time at the playgroup with Ariana and get the house totally clean. Well, Ariana didn't especially appreciate the playgroup. Then the rest of the day instead of cleaning I was trying to get our kitchen drain unplugged and get ariana to take a real nap. The house was about 10 times messier at the end of the day then the start. But life goes on. . .