Thursday, January 15, 2009

Can I Do It?

I've never really done New Year's resolutions. I'm a very goal oriented person (ask Brian, it drives him nuts sometimes) so I never saw the point to setting goals once a year, because I'm always setting goals for myself. But right now there are so many things that I want to do or need to be done that I thought I would make it official.

  • Teach Marcus to "sleep through the night." I am in some serious need of sleep. It's insane. I actually started a blog yesterday, just to help me keep track of it all.
  • Complete the 100 Push Ups Challenge. Brian was doing it in the fall, and he had me give it a try, too. I only made it a week and a half, but it was fun so I want to give it a real try this time.
  • Go on a vacation with Brian. We are very, very lacking in Brian and Carrie Alone Time. Even if it's just spending a day or two at his parent's cabin, it would be wonderful. We're also planning on going to Brian's best friend from college's wedding at the end of February (Brian's the best man!) and it would be great to be able to not take Marcus with us. That's also a good reason to get Marcus sleeping better.
  • Go to the temple every month.
  • Read the Book of Mormon on my own. Last year we actually finished it as a family, and that was fabulous! I'd like to go through it by myself this year, too.
  • Put my blog (so far) into book form. I started formatting 2006-2008 a while ago, but I've never finished it. I'd also like to do 2008-2009.
  • Edited to add: There's a 200 Sit Up Challenge, too. It looks like fun.
I thought there were a couple more that I was considering this evening, but I can't recall them now. I'll add more if I come up with them.

Oh, I might have changed my mind about making my blog private. I'm still deciding on that one.

1 comment:

Brooklet said...

wow, the push-up and sit-up challenge sounds hard, but can you imagine how strong you will be when you are have done it! good luck, and definately find some vacation time!