Friday, August 01, 2008

Oh My Gosh - This Poor Kid


So yesterday I was being lazy on the computer, and the kids were having a great time in their bedroom. Alyssa and Ethan were playing fort with the bunk bed, and Marcus was laughing right along with them. All of a sudden I heard Marcus screaming, so I ran into their room, saying, "What happened to Marcus?" The only problem was that I didn't see Marcus, and he had stopped crying for a moment, so I didn't hear Marcus either.

I ran downstairs, yelling, "Marcus! Marcus!" and wondering how I could let my baby disappear like that. Crazy scenarios were running through my mind: the kids left the back door open and he crawled off the deck, he crawled to the bathroom and climbed into the toilet. Well, he wasn't downstairs, so I ran back up and asked Alyssa, "Where's Marcus?"

"Right here," she said, and I found him on the floor in their bedroom, being sad, but not crying or screaming. I picked him up, and I noticed flecks of blood all over the right side of his face. After washing him up, I just found one little cut on his cheek, but then about an hour later, a lot of other little cuts showed up all over his face.

When I rescued him from whatever it was that attacked him, I looked around the room, and there was nothing harmful in the area, so I really don't know what he could have done. My only guess is that we have a foot scrubber the same size as the accumulative injuries, and maybe he wacked himself in the head with it? I have no idea. I'm also wondering how I didn't see him when I went to rescue him. I have no idea how that happened.

Obviously, he's okay. His face looks much better this morning. Half the cuts have healed already, if that's even possible. I can't believe this kid. I think he's going to be our injury kid. He's been to the emergency room twice. He's swallowed chunks of tin foil. And he's not even a year old! I think we ought to take out some seriously great health insurance on this guy, because if things continue as they've gone so far, we'll need it.

2 comments:

Brooklet said...

Oh, don't you hate it when they get hurt! It is so sad, but then they are happy as larks a little bit later. That is a wierd pattern of cuts- glad he is healing up fast.

5dollarFanatic said...

Oh-I would have been so anxious as well. I am glad that he is okay and nothing worse happened. He doesn't look that sad in the picture-which shows what a little toughy he is.