Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It Took Me Long Enough

I think we're finally settled. We moved out of our old place, headed to the Tri-Cities, went to California, ended up back in Oregon for the first week of rotations, then we took off for the Tri-Cities again for Memorial Day weekend. We are definitely tired of being on the go.

Disneyland was fabulous. Here's some of my favorite happenings:

Carrie: So what are your guys' plans for the rest of the day?
Erin: I think we're going to walk endlessly, drink water frequently, and use the bathroom accordingly.

Cecily (Phil and Erin's daughter): My Gamma! She's my Gamma!
Carrie: Well, she may be your grandma, but she's my mama.
Cecily: She not a mama. She's my Gamma. (I guess it doesn't pay to argue with a two year old.)

Callie (Phil and Erin's other daughter) was terrified of the first half of Pirate's of the Caribbean. She wailed until we finally convinced her that she was safe, and that she was allowed to have a good time. At the end of the ride, Alyssa turned around and asked, "Callie, did you like it?" Not even skipping a beat, Callie said, in the happiest voice imaginable,"I wasn't scared at all!"

Mom and Dad watched all of the grand kids in the hotel Thursday evening, so all of the parents could spend a couple of hours by themselves. We ended up staying together and running around from ride to ride like teenagers. It was great! It was Erin's first time ever at Disneyland, so she was wearing her first time button, and because of that we got to go on the special elevator on Indiana Jones Adventure.

I absolutely loved the Tower of Terror. Oh, it was so much better than I was expecting it to be. I loved it!

It was so much fun seeing all of the cousins together. I have so many cute pictures of Alyssa, Kenna, and Callie together. It was so much fun to go as a family.

Anyway, I'll put up some pictures as soon as I transfer them from Brian's laptop. We got some good ones.

Oh, and by the way, the winner of some super fabulous Disneyland Lemonade (I'd put a picture up, but I'm lazy today) is Tonya! The cashier said that she'd never had it before, but she had heard that it is wonderful. We'll just have to trust her. It's a three pack with regular lemonade, limeade, and raspberry lemonade. No matter how it tastes, it's got Mickey on it, and it sure is cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Carrie! I'm glad you got to post today!
-Chris

Kim-the-girl said...

Sounds like so much fun! We missed you when we were in town, but I'm glad you were having an awesome time!

Tonya said...

Yippee!!! I won. I'm so excited. Anything with Mickey on it has to be fabulous. Thank you..thank you..thank you.

Brooklet said...

Wow, so busy! Hopefully things have settled down a bit. Are you sad that you are done in Portland? Are you excited to be back in the TC?