Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Winners

Thank you for your ideas, everyone! As I read each one I thought, "That's a great idea! We should do that!" So I haven't decided yet what the trophy will look like.

The drawing was such that we have three lucky winners, instead of two. Alyssa was in charge of drawing the first name, but -oops- she pulled out two, so Brian, who was in charge of pulling the second name, grabbed the paper she was about to put back in the Tupperware. Alyssa opened her paper and read out loud, "Brian!" Brian's name obviously wasn't in the drawing, and there was only one person who's name started with a B, so I checked the paper and our first winner was Brooke! While this was going on, Brian was opening the discarded slip of paper, and I told him that if he opened it, he forfeited his turn to draw. I thought he didn't open it, so when he put it back, I held out the Tupperware for him to pick a name. "What?" he asked, "You don't want Char to win?" And by the time he asked this, he had already pulled another piece of paper. I checked our caramel supply to see if we had enough for another bag. Brian opened the slip of paper and said that it wasn't fair for Kim to win, because she didn't comment. "It's not my sister," I said. "It's Kim Woodbury."

So there you have it. Three lovely ladies. Three lovely bags of caramel. Brooke and Kim, go ahead and email me (carrie_jacks@hotmail.com) your addresses, so I can get your winnings in the mail. Char, I'll bring yours to mutual tonight, okay?

2 comments:

we share: said...

Yes!!! I am very excited. I was at Dollar Tree Yesterday and I saw pencils that said "caught being good" and I almost bought them for you. funny Huh? So if you wanted to make your life easy you could pass around the pack of caught being good pencils. Or make a sculpture or something. :)

Brooklet said...

Yeah!! I won, I won! I will anxiously be awaiting Brian's famous Caramels in the mail!