Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster, and Molly Mormon

I don't believe they exist.

After posting about my housekeeping dilemas the other day, I have since read about a couple of other ladies who have had problems keeping up with the demands of running a household. Sometimes I feel like I have to have it all together: the house has to be clean, the kids have to be dressed in cute clothes with their hair neatly done, meal times must be perfect with all four food groups laid out on the table, service must be done outside the home....and the list goes on and on. The truth is: we are supposed to be doing all of these things, but we are not going to be 100% on all of them every day. I like having a clean house. In fact, I go crazy when the house is messy, but with three kids (and Ethan in the two year old "dump out boxes" stage) the house is not going to be clean all of the time. I am all for a home cooked meal, but there are some days when all I can do is stick some chicken nuggets in the oven and get out the ketchup.

But I do believe that we are all doing a great job. Our goal is to raise our children in a loving, Gospel-centered environment. I believe that if the dirty dishes are stacked up on the counter, it's not as important as helping our daughter write the numbers 1 - 100. I believe that pizza and rootbeer can be a wholesome meal when it's eaten on the floor while watching a fun movie as a family. Even though it's hard to keep up with everything all at once, I believe that we are all doing our best to raise a righteous generation and to have a fun time with our children while they are young.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Amen sister. I couldn't have said it better.

Kimberly Nicole said...

Once again, well said Carrie. With my busy schedule, I'm realizing that some things are more important, like going to institute even when the only time is at 8:00 in the morning.
Good luck, and enjoy life!
btw thanks for the comment on my shirt :-) I look forward to whatelse you have to say :-)

KellyAnne said...

A-MEN!