Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

So after being in the Tri-Cities for a month and a half, we are finally home! The kids and I took off when Brian got out of school in the middle of July. He stayed behind to study for boards, and after all the stress and worry (and I'm sure he was stressed and worried too) about how boards would go, he joined us in Washington. We had a great time hanging out with our families. We passed the flu around for about a week, which was no fun at all. I think because I'm pregnant it hit me the hardest. There was a point that I was throwing up every fifteen to twenty minutes for a few hours. Stink! The great part is that Ethan was throwing up the same time I was so I didn't have to clean up after him. Brian did a great job of taking care of him.

Brian went to Alaska to go fishing with his dad and brother for a week. It's something they've wanted to do since before Brian and I even met, and finally they did it! They had a great time and brought home 500 pounds of fish! They even left some old clothes and shoes behind so they would have room to fill a suitcase with frozen halibut and salmon.

We had a great time, but if feels so good to be home. We now know what our house looks like with at least four weeks accumulation of cat hair. We also have about ten flies buzzing around the middle of the living room. They're not going anywhere else in the house, just flying in circles in the living room. I don't know, maybe something very flat died under our rug, and we can't smell it. So this week will be spent thoroughly cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, etc.

I'm excited to have life get back to normal again. Brian started school yesterday and Alyssa starts kindergarten next week. We went to bed at a normal time last night, and Ethan seems happy to be back in his own room. I should be posting on here a lot more, too.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Hey lady, glad to see you back in blog land. Sounds like overall you had a nice vacation but like Dorothy says "There's no place like home"

P.S. Remind me to ask you later where Alyssa will be going school.

Kim-the-girl said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time! Its great to be with family, but I miss not having our own home to return to-alas someday! I know I ought to remember but I don't, when are you due? We've passed the flu bug for over 2 weeks now and I am still in major cleaning mode, I'm glad you only got stuck with it for 1 week (though I'm sure that was too long). Good luck with everything (and tell Alyssa good luck from Bryant on starting school)!

Brooklet said...

welcome back! we missed you!

Carrie said...

Tonya,
Alyssa's going to Joseph Gale. She's in afternoon kindergarten with Ms. Chitister.

Carrie said...

Kim, I'm due on November 4th. Only nine and a half weeks to go!