Thursday, August 30, 2007

Completely Proud of Myself

I've been meaning to clean out the garage since we moved into our house last August. The people that lived here before us had a dog that shed like crazy. Even now, a year later, I sometimes sweep up dog hair when I'm cleaning the house. I didn't get a chance to sweep the garage before we moved in, and there was dirt, dog food, and dog hair all over the place. Then the guys just dumped everything labled "garage" in the middle of the floor (what else were they supposed to do?) and I never got around to organizing it all.

Over the last year, things have been piled on top of the original pile, and it got to the point that we had a tiny meandering walkway to the stairs and about a two-foot walkway to the mail box, with a huge pile of miscellaneous junk covering the rest of the floor.

I went in on Tuesday while Ethan was napping to straighten up the loft area, but when I finished that, I just kept going. I threw away a living room full of boxes (the living room is where I tossed them before Brian came home to put them in the recycling tub), reorganized the furniture, and even made the dressers available so we can store things in them instead of just storing the dressers. It looks fabulous! I love having a clean garage!

I wish I took before pictures, but I honestly didn't think I would do that great of a job. The plan was to have Brian help me this weekend, but he was surprised to come home from school to find that it was all done! Here are the after pics:


Notice the HUGE area in the middle. No more problems walking to the stairs! And I don't have to hug the washing machine to walk in front of it to do laundry.
The black bag and Styrofoam didn't fit in the garbage this week, but they will be gone next week! Yea!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Nice job!! It feels so good to get stuff like that done. We had that problem with garage when we moved into our house a couple of years ago and finally it's all organized and I would acutally let someone look at it.

Brooklet said...

Way to go! maybe the nesting has started!

Jen Hill said...

That is something to be very proud of. To dig everything out and organize your garage is a great accomplishment. A+++ Tonya!!!